Since its launch in late summer 2018, the new World of Hyatt Visa card has been offering a sign up bonus of 60,000 points. Valuing Hyatt points conservatively at 1.3 cents each, the bonus is worth nearly $800, and potentially much more, depending on how you use the points.
Yesterday I learned that the current bonus will be pulled starting January 9. So there is only one week left to jump on this offer! The new bonus will still be valuable, as it is only being cut by 10,000 points, but those 10,000 points are potentially 2 free nights at Category 1 properties!
Details on the World of Hyatt card offer
The 60,000-point bonus currently offered by the World of Hyatt Visa is awarded in a tiered structure. You will earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of card membership, and then an additional 20,000 bonus points after spending another $3,000 within the first 6 months. Other benefits and terms of the card include:
- 4 points per dollar spent at Hyatt hotels
- 2 points per dollar spent on local transit (including ridesharing), restaurants and coffee shops, and airfare
- 1 free night at a Category 1-4 hotel every year on your account anniversary
- 1 additional free night at a Category 1-4 hotel if you spend $15,000 or more on your card each anniversary year
- Discoverist elite status
- 5 elite qualifying night credit each year for holding the card
- Ability to earn an additional 2 elite night credits for every $5,000 in net spending on your card
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee, not waived the first year
Personal referral application link.
If you’re looking for hotel points for your future travels, this is one of the best offers currently on the market. I don’t know of any offer than can get you more than 12 nights, aside from the 150,000-point bonus on the Hilton Aspire card. And to get that many, you’d have to find Category 1 Hilton properties, which are way less common that Category 1 Hyatts.